Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS Says they’re finally sending our interview date!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Says they’re finally sending our interview date!

Timeline:
    Married March 2017 in Japan and came to US to meet my dad and sightsee, but going through customs on ESTA sucked so badly I decided I never want to friggen go through that again so tracked down a lawyer to see about options and adjust status.
    Filed June 2017
    Sent requested stuff July/August 2017
    EAD came Jan 2018
    Wait wait wait wait, freak out, wait wait wait
    Infopass on how to renew EAD Nov 2018, sent that, notice of receipt Nov 30 2018
    Dec 11 2018 got a case status update text, “your interview has been scheduled, wait for the notice in the mail”

!!!!!!!!!

Finally. The infopass lady said it’s currently taking up to 36 months so we had no idea when we would ever get the interview.

Now we have to get a new doctor’s packet for the immigration medical and get everything together for the interview.

It’s been a while since I even thought about all of this stuff since it seemed like it would never happen. So I just want others’opinions on what to bring and what questions they’ve been asking recently and what to expect.
    I’m sure our lawyer is going to be prepping us too. But always better to be overprepared!!!
    Thanks in advance!

We have family photos, joint bank account, lease, car insurance. Our apartment is utilities included so I don’t have joint bills like that. Depending on when our appointment is we might have a joint tax return filing by then. That’s really all, I mean we just live like a normal married couple, we don’t do anything out of our way in everyday life to “prove” we’re married. Tags on Instagram and ********? 😂 I’m not working right now so we just have his income. That shows he’s marked as married for income tax.....? Oh and we’re currently pregnant so I can bring ultrasound picture. Hoping I don’t have another miscarriage (went through that in August).
    How far ahead of time is the interview usually from when they send the notice?

Still think it would be easier if they just did in-home interviews 😂 that’s how you really know if people live together, see where/how they live.

Any help and advice is appreciated!
    Last edited by tokyofroodle; 12-12-2018, 06:45 PM.

Originally posted by tokyofroodle View Post
    Timeline:
    Married March 2017 in Japan and came to US to meet my dad and sightsee, but going through customs on ESTA sucked so badly I decided I never want to friggen go through that again so tracked down a lawyer to see about options and adjust status.
    Filed June 2017
    Sent requested stuff July/August 2017
    EAD came Jan 2018
    Wait wait wait wait, freak out, wait wait wait
    Infopass on how to renew EAD Nov 2018, sent that, notice of receipt Nov 30 2018
    Dec 11 2018 got a case status update text, “your interview has been scheduled, wait for the notice in the mail”

!!!!!!!!!

Finally. The infopass lady said it’s currently taking up to 36 months so we had no idea when we would ever get the interview.

Now we have to get a new doctor’s packet for the immigration medical and get everything together for the interview.

It’s been a while since I even thought about all of this stuff since it seemed like it would never happen. So I just want others’opinions on what to bring and what questions they’ve been asking recently and what to expect.
    I’m sure our lawyer is going to be prepping us too. But always better to be overprepared!!!
    Thanks in advance!

We have family photos, joint bank account, lease, car insurance. Our apartment is utilities included so I don’t have joint bills like that. Depending on when our appointment is we might have a joint tax return filing by then. That’s really all, I mean we just live like a normal married couple, we don’t do anything out of our way in everyday life to “prove” we’re married. Tags on Instagram and ********? 😂 I’m not working right now so we just have his income. That shows he’s marked as married for income tax.....? Oh and we’re currently pregnant so I can bring ultrasound picture. Hoping I don’t have another miscarriage (went through that in August).
    How far ahead of time is the interview usually from when they send the notice?

Still think it would be easier if they just did in-home interviews 😂 that’s how you really know if people live together, see where/how they live.

Any help and advice is appreciated!
    Congratulations on your interview and on your baby!!!! Please stop worrying so much! You are fine. You just have to organize all that evidence and diligently put together a solid Table of Contents that lists each evidence of bona fide marriage that you have. This thread has about 20 resources that many have found helpful in preparing their evidence of bona fide marriage. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...684#post585684

Please take a moment to go through the links. Open a word doc and copy and paste anything that you find useful. You can build your own table of contents that way.

Like you said, it is always better to overprepare!

All the best to you! Which field office?

USCFFS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X